Sorbet...?

Saturday 7 May 2011

As I looked in the mirror yesterday and saw my usual anorexic self, I realised I seriously needed to gain some weight. I looked as though my parents don't feed me enough!

Two things immediately sprang to my mind: chocolate and ice cream.

I wasn't in the mood to eat chocolate (yes, you need a mood for that), but ice cream... well, that's different. I can eat ice cream ANY TIME, even in the thirty-below-zero weather in China.

I found my mother doing the laundry and told her, "I'm gonna eat ice cream!"

She replied, "Do we have ice cream?"

Throwing open the freezer doors and reaching out to grab the carton, I showed it to my mother with a triumphant smile.


"That's sorbet!" she retorted.

I shrugged and grabbed my I'm special mug and a spoon. "Same."


As I looked closely at the carton, I realised three important words.


"99% fat free."

Seriously?! What kind of ice cream is this? How is a girl supposed to gain weight eating this?


While I was eating my ice cream, I told this little incident to Starry. She scoffed and said in a "duh, every idiot knows that" voice, "Of course. It's sorbet."


...I guess there is a difference between ice cream and sorbet after all.



And on a totally random note, boo! Meow!




Smile! :)

2 comments:

Adelaide Knight said...

aahahahaha. you're funny.

Starry said...

EEE, CAT SO CUUUUUUTTEEEE. I shall buy for you on your birthday.